Hp Officejet 5255 Is Offline
Sometimes, when you try to print using your HP Officejet 5255 printer, your computer might throw an error message saying ‘HP printer offline’. If you encounter this issue, the manufacturer recommended method to solve this is to use the HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic tool. This tool will automatically resolve your printer offline error and also other printer-related issues on your Windows computer.
You can also try to manually fix the HP printer offline error message. Carry out the below steps one-by-one to solve the HP printer offline error message.
Step 1: Set the default printer on Windows 10 computer
The initial check to be carried out when your HP Officejet 5255 printer is offline, is to ensure whether your printer is set as the default printer.
- Click the Settings icon on your Windows 10 computer.
- Now, scroll down and click Printers & scanners from the list.
- Look at the checkbox beside Let Windows manage my default printer. If this checkbox is selected, uncheck it before you set the default printer for your Windows 10 computer.
- Now, select your printer’s name from the list of printers and click the Manage button.
- Now, in the next pop-up window, select the Set as default option to set your HP Officejet 5255 printer as your default printer.
- Then, try to print from your Windows 10 computer.
If your Hp Officejet 5255 printer remains offline even after setting it as the default printing source, then proceed to step 2.
Step 2: Troubleshoot a Wi-Fi printer connection
The steps to troubleshoot a Wi-Fi printer connection are given below.
- Turn off your HP Officejet 5255 printer and remove the power cord from it.
- Also, turn off the computer from which you are trying to print.
- Similarly, turn off and remove the power cord from your wireless router as well.
- After around 10 seconds, connect the power cord into the printer and turn it on.
- Turn on your computer and wireless router.
- Now, connect your HP Officejet 5255 printer to your computer using the Wireless Setup Wizard. The steps are given below.
- Tap the Wireless icon on the control panel of your HP Officejet 5255 printer.
- Select the Settings icon. Then, tap Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings and then touch Yes.
- Now, go back and tap Wireless Settings and then Wireless Setup Wizard.
- From the list of available networks, select your wireless network SSID.
- Type your network security password and then tap Done. This will connect the HP Officejet 5255 printer to your computer.
- The blue Wireless Light on your printer remains ON when your printer is connected.
- Now, try to print from your computer to see whether the issue is solved.